The Ministry of Health recently received a supply of medical equipment, donated by Government and non-government organizations, in order to battle the health crisis in Sri Lanka.
Equipment has been donated as follows:
- Colombo Port City Project donated five high-flow oxygen therapy machines worth Rs. 5 million to supply oxygen to COVID patients. The relevant equipment was handed over by the Managing Director of the project Houliang Jiang, to the Minister of Health Pavithra Wanniarachchi
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID) donated medical equipment amounting to around Rs.6 million including.This included:
- PPE kits (for healthcare workers)
- 240,000 KN95 masks
- 600,000 gloves
- 40,000 goggles
- 1,200 pulse oximeters for COVID treatments.
-The donation was made by Reed J. Aeschliman, Mission Director for USAID in Sri Lanka and Martin Kelly, Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Colombo.
- Rhino Products Limited donated eight high-flow oxygen therapy machines amounting to Rs.10 million.