Consequent to the Order issued by the Monetary Board of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka to resume business of Swarnamahal Financial Services PLC (SFSP) for a limited time on a conditional basis, only for the purpose of repayment up to fifty percent (50%) of the remaining deposits of the Company (repayment plan) under the supervision of the Panel of Management appointed by the Monetary Board, which was communicated by the Central Bank’s Press Release dated 12th January 2021, SFSP has taken measures to implement such plan. Accordingly, 50% of the remaining value of deposits of SFSP, after deducting 30% repayment already made and the eligible compensation under the Sri Lanka Deposit Insurance and Liquidity Support Scheme, will be repaid commencing from 3rd February 2021.
In this regard, the depositors of SFSP are informed of the following arrangements made by SFSP .
- Repayments will be made only at the Head Office Branch of SFSP at No. 5, R. A. De Mel Mawatha, Colombo 04, from 9.00 a.m to 4.00 p.m on allocated dates.
- The respective depositors will be informed of the instructions to be followed through letters and telephone calls by SFSP.
- The depositors are requested to come to the Head Office Branch of SFSP, on the allocated dates relevant to the respective branches as given below with the following documents to collect the Cheque/s relevant to the repayment.
- Original/s of the Fixed Deposit Certificate/s and Savings Account Pass Book/s.
- The National Identity Card or any other acceptable identity document (Passport, Driving License, etc.) to prove the identity.
Allocated dates for the depositors of respective branches to collect Cheque/s from Head Office of SFSP
Depositors of SFSP are advised to collect their cheque/s on the allocated dates from the Head Office Branch, as SFSP is required to execute the repayment plan within a limited period.
For further information/clarifications:
Institution Purpose Telephone Numbers Email address